You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove googleadservices from ipad

When I conduct a safari search on iPad with search engine set to google, the first few results appear as ads. When I try to open these I get the message " safari cannot open this page"

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 26, 2016 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Will some really good computer user out there answer this question? I, too, experience this on my iPad Pro, only I never get to a page - my system just "hangs". I am running iOS version 10.2.1. Someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this!

10 replies

Feb 20, 2017 5:08 AM in response to Pjmice

Hi. These are just click-through links so Google can get paid for their ads. They work for me, so I can't tell you how to fix it. But you may be blocking them by your privacy settings. Try comparing your usage with mine:

- no private browsing

- Safari Block Pop-ups on, Do not track on

- Safari allow cookies for website I visit

- Safari Advanced javascript enabled

- Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking off

- I am logged in to my google account, as shown at the bottom of the search page

Do your options match these? If your preferences are somehow blocking these links, your option may be to ignore them, as you would any other phishing attempt.

Remove googleadservices from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.