Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Activate Second Hand Bought Iphone 6

Recently i have purchased a second hand iphone 6.Prior of buying the device i have verified on the https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ , if the device is having an activation lock turned off , and the result of the search was that " The activation lock is : OFF" and it can be used by a new user. This was the reason why I decided to purchase the phone.

Now i'm stuck in activation of the phone with the message that says : The phone is linked to an Apple ID.Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to setup this iphone.

My question is, how can i Activate the Phone that is currently not linked to any Find My Iphone Account and has no Activation Lock turned ON ?

Tnx,

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2016 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2017 1:37 AM

I'm sort of in the same situation I've got a second hand iPhone im and it won't let me activate it because it's been linked to an Apple ID,,what we have done is called the Apple Store and told them everything so they said they will email us with this verification code,,but I was just wondering how many days did it take you to get your verification code

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2017 1:37 AM in response to tanoadriano

I'm sort of in the same situation I've got a second hand iPhone im and it won't let me activate it because it's been linked to an Apple ID,,what we have done is called the Apple Store and told them everything so they said they will email us with this verification code,,but I was just wondering how many days did it take you to get your verification code

Jun 28, 2016 8:04 AM in response to tanoadriano

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner return the device to where you bought it and get a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

The previous owner does not have to give you his/her Apple ID or password. They can go to iCloud.com and remove the activation lock from there. But if there is any hesitation on their part I strongly suggest you return the phone and get a refund.

Jul 5, 2016 7:54 AM in response to LACAllen

Thank you.

I Have contacted apple support regarding the issue that I'm facing and they said to me that a special security team inside Apple needs to contact ne and verify the issue.Can you please tell me what are the information that I need to give to them in order that they clear the old account from the activation server?Btw i have written an email to this team, but in the return mail it says that I need to wait from 2-10 days for their reply.

Thank you again and have a nice time.

Jul 6, 2016 6:30 AM in response to tanoadriano

I have been contacted by Apple support today, and escalated the call to the engineering level of support and again no luck with the activation.All 3 levels of support have suggested me to Restore to Factory Defaults the Device and I did it with all of them, and in the end no luck with the activation of the phone.Now I'm waiting that some other department to solve my issue.

Thank you.

Cannot Activate Second Hand Bought Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.