Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mission control has stopped animating suddenly

I opened my computer today and now whenever I go to open mission control, it doesn't animate the transition, it just jumps between the two states. It hasn't ever done this before and I can't think of anything I might have done to cause this. There's no problems with the functionality, but it's just super annoying. Anyone know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2016 5:56 AM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2016 7:42 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Hey! I just had the same problem today, but I managed to find a solution. If you open Terminal, you can slow down or speed up the animation when using Mission Control. I first just tried slowing it down, if it somehow kickstarted the process, and it worked. Then I just it set back to the regular speed. You could probably even skip the slowing down and back up process by setting it to the original speed to start with.

1. Put this code into Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.dock expose-animation-duration -float 0.25

2. Restart the Dock with this:

killall Dock

It should work fine after this. Try changing the time at the end of the line, maybe that'd help too if it didn't work at first.

Mission control has stopped animating suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.