Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not syncing my PDFs in iBooks

iCloud has been great syncing calendars & reminders across my devices (iPhone, iPad, macbook) so when prompted by iBooks to sync thru the iCloud I agreed. But none of my new PDF files in iBooks migrated to my phone. Opened iTunes and discovered all of my PDF files are gone from Books (tho still display in iBooks). Unfortunately my iPhone synced and removed all PDFs from iBooks on my phone. Opened cloud drive and there are 0 files. So how do I get my pdf files back into iBooks on my phone? iBooks on phone is set to Sync Collections. iBooks on macbook is set to Sync Collections. iCloud on macbook doesn't have a checkbox for iBooks . All devices are running the latest OS.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jun 30, 2016 11:05 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2016 12:26 PM in response to jnlyn5

Hello jnlyn5,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, I understand that your PDF files are not syncing to your devices with iBooks. I like to view PDF's on my devices as well. I recommend checking all the settings as suggested in the following article:

Use iCloud Drive or iBooks to access your PDF files, ePub files, and books

Make sure that iBooks is on in the iCloud Drive settings.

If you turn off iBooks in Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive, iBooks items that you save to iCloud Drive will no longer be available on that device.

Cheers

iCloud not syncing my PDFs in iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.