Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the iphone to ring longer

My iphone does not ring long enough. How do I change it?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2017 11:37 AM

How can I make my iPhone ring more than three times?

12 replies

Jul 1, 2016 2:39 PM in response to Roger1cat

There is a process you may use to increase the length of a phone call from the standard 20 seconds to the maximum 30 seconds. Here are the instructions for that process, as well as a link to the article from which the instructions come. Best of luck with your situation

1. Open the phone app and dial *#61# on the Keypad. Press the Call button.

2. Locate this text on the screen: "Setting Interrogation Succeeded, Voice Call Forwarding, When Unanswered, Forwards to +" and record the 11-digit number after the + symbol.

3. Touch the Dismiss button. Now enter this code on the Keypad: *61*+ followed by the 11-digit Forwards to number recorded in step 2, followed by *11 and *ringtime#. Ringtime is the number of seconds you want your iPhone to ring before voicemail picks up. Your finished code should look something like this:

*61*+18555513466*11*30#

In the example above the ring time is set to 30 seconds. Press the Call button.

4. You should receive the message: Setting Activation Succeeded. Press Dismiss and next time you receive a call it will ring for the new amount of time before going to voicemail.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971382

Jan 10, 2018 2:08 PM in response to Roger1cat

I have an iPhone 6+ and I would like to emphasize that this *#61# fix DOES NOT WORK! It's all over the internet and I don't know if it's a joke or if it actually works with some combination of carriers & iPhones, but it doesn't work for me and hasn't the hundred or so times I've tried it. No combination of stars, number signs and 61s works. Also, the ony other answer I've found here or anywhere else: "Ask your carrier to change it" doesn't work either. They (Credo) says it's a device thing and that they have absolutely nothing to do wit the number or duration of rings.

The world is a sad, sad place.

Jan 12, 2018 2:43 AM in response to ericesad

I too have the 6+ and felt the same way! But this post did work for me, what happened when you did the first step? (1. Open the phone app and dial *#61# on the Keypad. Press the Call button.) Did you see a number listed anywhere in there? For mine it's just a 5 digit number (61141), so ended up looking like *61*+61141*11*30# and that did actually work.

The information on my provider's site is wrong, the information in a quick google search is wrong, but this one did work for me. I hope you can figure it out because I nearly threw my phone out a window prior to this so I know your pain!

Jan 12, 2018 11:34 AM in response to rgdhfhgfjhg

I just get a busy signal when I dial *#61# and hit Call. But I am on my way to a Apple store to pick up my Macbook Pro which malfunctioned quite spectacularly. So when I get my repaired computer, I'll ask the "Geniuses"* about the iPhone rings.

*I only put Geniuses in quotes because they are the only people, other than the occupant at the White House, who actually casually call themselves geniuses.

Jan 12, 2018 6:11 AM in response to ericesad

ericesad wrote:

They (Credo) says it's a device thing and that they have absolutely nothing to do wit the number or duration of rings.

They are wrong. I worked for a major U.S. cellular company for twenty years. They're just wrong.

Credo is a reseller of wireless service. They don't actually a cellular network. If I recall correctly, they use Sprint's. It is within the realm of possibility that they don't have their system set up so they can change they. They'd have to route the request through the actual carrier and, either they just don't have a way to do that or the person you talked to was clueless. I'd suggest calling back and trying again. You may get someone better able to help you.

How can I change the iphone to ring longer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.