Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 w/ time capsule?

I'm finally getting around to setting up backups on my PC using my Time Capsule, and I noticed that it isn't showing up in "Network." I believe it showed up when I was using Windows 8, although I never tested it with 10. Any tips on how to get it working? I'm already hardwired in to it, not using wireless.

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 2, 2016 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2016 7:42 PM

First step always in network problems is to ping the device.

Ping by name and ping by IP address.

If it responds then simply setup the address in the windows explorer address bar..

\\10.0.1.1 (replace with the actual address.. that is the default address with airport as router).

Did you install the airport utility??

Although well out of date.. it does help to include bonjour for windows which is part of the download of the airport utilities.

Download AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2016 7:42 PM in response to lululul

First step always in network problems is to ping the device.

Ping by name and ping by IP address.

If it responds then simply setup the address in the windows explorer address bar..

\\10.0.1.1 (replace with the actual address.. that is the default address with airport as router).

Did you install the airport utility??

Although well out of date.. it does help to include bonjour for windows which is part of the download of the airport utilities.

Download AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows

Windows 10 w/ time capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.