Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Canon PowerShot SD500 with Photo

Does anyone have an idea of how I can use my somewhat dated Canon PowerShot SD500 camera with El Capitan Photo? That camera is not on the list of compatibles, but I was not planning on buying a new camera right away. That camera is not on the list of compatible ones. Thank you.

OBS,iMac (24-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Jul 3, 2016 4:31 PM

10 replies

Jul 3, 2016 4:37 PM in response to Wanda65

You should be able to use the mini-USB to USB cable that came with the camera to connect it to your Mac. If Photos doesn't launch by itself, launch it manually, turn the Sidebar on in the View menu and select the camera in the sidebar. You should be presented with an Import screen. Click on Import All.

Jul 4, 2016 10:53 AM in response to Wanda65

User uploaded fileAnother possible solution is to put the memory car in the card slot in your iMac. It should appear on your Desktop. Then you can manually drag the folder of photos to the Desktop and import form there into the library. That's how I import from any of my cameras that use memory cards. I feel it's safer as it assures the files are safely on your hard drive before importing into the library.

User uploaded file

Using Canon PowerShot SD500 with Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.