Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I see a call waiting notification on outgoing calls when other person is on another call?

I have been using iPhones for nearly 6 years now. One thing the iPhone does not do that my Nokia phone does is tell me when someone I am calling is on the other call. The Nokia would say "Call Waiting" on the screen so I would know why they could not answer. Please don't tell me that this is a carrier feature as I am using the same carrier on my other number with Nokia phone. And also please don't ask me why I want this feature because it's irrelevant. Just want to know if iPhone has this feature or not. And if can be turned on somehow.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Jul 4, 2016 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2016 3:56 PM

The iPhone has no feature to tell you that the person you are calling is on another call.

After all, that person could elect to take your call immediately if (s)he chooses to do that.

1 reply

Why don't I see a call waiting notification on outgoing calls when other person is on another call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.