Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Messages app is completely blank. What do I do?

My Messages app is completely blank. See the image to reference. I was having a conversation with someone and I went to respond to a message they sent and this happened. I've tried turning iMessage on and off. I've tried resetting my iPhone. I haven't restored my iPhone because i'm afraid of losing all of the stuff on my phone. Image:User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jul 4, 2016 3:37 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2016 9:31 AM in response to machockey8

Hello, machockey8,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that after responding to a message, your Messages app is blank and it isn't showing any messages. I use my Messages app all the time, so I know how important it is we get this resolved. I have a few things I'd like you to try.

First, please try to Force close the Messages app, and then reopen to see if you have your messages. This article will help:

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, please check the Message History settings by following this path: Settings > Messages > Message History. Change the setting to Forever as a test, and then see if you have the messages.

Then, please make sure you are logged in with your your Apple ID that uses iMessage by following this path: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Select Apple ID.

And finally, if you still can't see your messages, and you have previously backed up your iPhone, you may be able to restore from a backup. Use the resources below to find a list of your backups and how to restore:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch​

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Additionally, if you have never backed up, this article will help you make a current backup of your device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Best Regards.

My Messages app is completely blank. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.