Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authd: copy_rights: _server_authorize failed repeating in log every minute

"authd: copy_rights: _server_authorize failed" is repeating in log every minute. How do I figure out what it is complaining about to resolve it?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jul 5, 2016 9:03 AM

7 replies

Jul 20, 2017 10:03 AM in response to twojtyniak

Some program in the Mac has DRM/licensing issues and is throwing those messages. I'd suggest:

1. Copy & paste a couple of lines of the full messages here so we can read them complete and
  2. Download, run and paste the report from EtreCheck so we can see what you have there and what may be amiss.

Provided, of course, that the OP is still interested in help in this year-old stale thread.

Jul 20, 2017 9:46 AM in response to Linc Davis

I'm also having this problem, and I agree this is not a useful answer.

That's the problem with discussion forums that reward points, you get everyone and his brother rushing to answer questions even when they don't know the answer.

One of the "functional" problems I have is that this late 2013 iMac 10.11.6 has become quite sluggish over the last few months. This is why I was looking at the console. An error message that has repeated every 5 seconds, going back months on end, sounds a lot like something that could cause I/O bottlenecks.

authd: copy_rights: _server_authorize failed repeating in log every minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.