Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else not receiving vBulletin confirmation emails?

For months (or longer) I've been experiencing a problem that I finally need to ask about. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

There are numerous forums I visit for professional and personal reasons. Whenever I register for a new site that uses vBulletin for its discussion forums, I do not receive the required confirmation email if I register with my iCloud email address -- not ever, not just for one or two such sites, and they're not being filtered into Junk or another folder. If I change the account to use my Gmail address instead and resend the confirmation, it arrives instantly. There's something going on behind the scenes with iCloud that's dumping/blocking the messages before they reach me, and it's . I hate having to check a different account, since I've used iCloud since it first came out as iTools, but I don't seem to have any control over this.

Have tried contacting Apple for help but have run into a brick wall. I spent well over an hour or so chatting with a total of four different reps, leaving it with a Level 2 rep who gave me the case number and promised a reply the next day or after the weekend at the latest. That was more than two weeks ago and no reply to several email followups. The first rep I chatted with was able to replicate the problem easily, but then we got disconnected and the next rep was clueless, telling me I needed to update OS X even though I was accessing email on a Windows machine via the iCloud web interface, and then suggesting there's nothing wrong with iCloud because other email comes through okay. Level 2 rep easily replicated the issue, was able to get a sample confirmation email with complete headers, and suggested they needed to fix it at their end, but I haven't been able to get a reply from him since then. Very frustrating. At this point I'm not posting here looking for a solution but rather just seeing if anyone else has had an ongoing problem like this.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5), 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon, 32 GB RAM, SSD

Posted on Jul 5, 2016 9:40 AM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2016 11:57 AM in response to Brent Rossow

That should actually say any emails from vBulletin sites -- not just the registration confirmation but other notifications like message replies. *sigh* 😠

I'll note the following in case it helps anyone else in the future the following, some of which may be a repeat from what I already posted:

• The first rep tried to register for an account on the same site and also did not receive the confirmation email.
  • Registering with a Gmail account, the confirmation email arrived almost instantly.
  • When I got to the Level 2 rep, I could not even forward the confirmation email with headers that I had received on my Gmail account -- it sent fine, nothing bounced back, but the message never reached the rep. Only after copying/pasting the message source into a plain text file, then putting THAT in a zip file, was I able to get the message through to him. Even the email with the message attached in a plain text file (unzipped) disappeared into the void. Clearly something in there is getting filtered.

Would really be nice to get a reply on this issue. Don't expect it here, and only sharing this additional info in the hope that it saves someone else an hour+ of troubleshooting.

Anyone else not receiving vBulletin confirmation emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.