Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay issue with Audi Q7

Hi

i received 2 weeks ago my new Audi Q7 with Carplay installed.

I have a problem that I can't solve alone : when system is playing music and asking Siri doing something (text or call) it makes it but CarPlay doesn't give me back the hand after. The same when using only the control panel and not Siri.

I Have no more sound (radio or music) and I'm forced to disconnect iPhone 6s cable to retrieve sound.

it seems that CarPlay is blocked on Siri when asking something or call when doing it.

Please could you help me ?

the Audi seller told me several customers have the same problem but only Apple can solve it.

THank you

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jul 5, 2016 2:50 PM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2016 9:01 AM in response to Lotuug

Hello Lotuug,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I see you'e been experiencing some issues using CarPlay with your iPhone 6s. I know it's important to get CarPlay working as expected. I am happy to help.
Please try the following steps and test the issue after each step:

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Set up CarPlay to use with your iPhone
Have an amazing day!

Jul 28, 2016 3:57 PM in response to Lotuug

Nobody to help?

I have noticed that when I have the issue I must make another call using the CarPlay menu (and not Siri), then immediately stop it to retrieve the possibility to get radio or other mode with sound without unplugging the usb cable.

The CarPlay system is blocked on call or vocal command if I don't do that ...

300€ option ... No comment

CarPlay issue with Audi Q7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.