Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail says '1 unread' but there are no unread emails

I had this problem once before and have forgotten how I cleared the phone's email of falsely indicating an unread email being present when there isn't one.

I may have had to delete and reinstall the email account but would rather not do so if there's an easier method.

The email account is described by the phone as an Exchange account.

Mark

iPhone 6, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 6, 2016 7:19 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2016 11:51 AM in response to Markg2

You are in the right forum. First try a Forced Restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

If that does not help you may have to reset the account afterall.

First close your Mail App completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Mail preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account and swipe to Delete. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

Mail says '1 unread' but there are no unread emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.