Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I mark up photos using Apple Pencil

I"m exchanging ideas with a decorator. How do I mark up photos we exchange through MAIL?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 7, 2016 8:41 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2016 11:08 AM in response to mrtlsn

If it's an image from your photo app, export the image, or copy it, to the desktop, then use the markup tools in Preview app.

If your Mac OS X is a newer version than what you show in your footer and it's an image you received via email, you can mark it up using the markup tools built into newer versions of Mail app.

Jul 10, 2016 3:26 PM in response to mrtlsn

Call this your lucky Sunday. Start with the quote from the iPad User Guide below. Then follow the screenshots.

“Mark up attachments. You can use Markup to annotate an image or PDF attachment. Touch and hold the attachment, then tap Markup (if it’s an attachment you’re sending) or “Markup and Reply” (if it’s an attachment you’ve received). If you have iPad Pro, you can annotate with Apple Pencil.”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “iPad User Guide for iOS 9.3.” Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/U4OT9.l

I'm mail right now. I sent this to myself

User uploaded file

Hold your finger on the photo until this window opens. Tap Markup and Reply.

User uploaded file

A little doodling and I sent this to myself. It's new for IOS 9.

User uploaded file

How do I mark up photos using Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.