Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are these “custom” privileges?

Many files inside my user folder have user privileges like this:

User uploaded file

I believe these privileges are causing problems with permission-sensitive applications like MAMP Pro.

I can delete the “Fetching...” user (that user no longer exists) but I can’t delete the “everyone” with Custom privileges and have no idea why there are two “everyone” users with different permissions.

17" MacBook Pro, mid-2010, 8Gb RAM-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Posted on Jul 8, 2016 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2016 5:10 AM

Before making any changes to file or folder permissions you should first back up all data on your Mac. Setting the permissions incorrectly could render your Mac unusable and/or cause loss of data. Proceed at your own risk.

http://dreamlight.com/how-to-fix-mac-os-x-file-permissions/

4 replies

Jul 11, 2016 6:40 AM in response to leroydouglas

I didn’t have to use Batchmod or FileXaminer. I copied the entire ~/Library from my backup disk to the desktop of my boot drive. One by one I examined the privileges of almost every file and folder: it appears that by copying the ~/Library all the permissions/privilege issues miraculously disappeared. But the article you referenced was extremely helpful. Thank you again.

Jul 11, 2016 8:44 AM in response to wendyfromreidsville

wendyfromreidsville wrote:

I didn’t have to use Batchmod or FileXaminer. I copied the entire ~/Library from my backup disk to the desktop of my boot drive. One by one I examined the privileges of almost every file and folder: it appears that by copying the ~/Library all the permissions/privilege issues miraculously disappeared. But the article you referenced was extremely helpful. Thank you again.

Good computing wendyfromreidsville !

What are these “custom” privileges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.