Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch does not show 6 digit code

When trying to manually pair, my watch never receives a 6 digit code. Now what do I do?

Apple Watch 42mm, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jul 8, 2016 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2016 3:17 PM

Before trying again to pair your watch, it may help to close all open apps on your iPhone and then to restart both devices:

• On your iPhone, double-click on the Home button, then swipe up on each app preview to close it;
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first;
    • To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off.
    • To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

You may then also be able to follow the standard pairing process, without needing to pair manually:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2016 3:17 PM in response to Harold Steinhardt

Before trying again to pair your watch, it may help to close all open apps on your iPhone and then to restart both devices:

• On your iPhone, double-click on the Home button, then swipe up on each app preview to close it;
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first;
    • To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off.
    • To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

You may then also be able to follow the standard pairing process, without needing to pair manually:

Jul 8, 2016 3:19 PM in response to Harold Steinhardt

Otherwise, when pairing manually, check that you are tapping on the 5-digit name on the screen of your iPhone (when it shows the same device name as that which is shown on your watch, after you have tapped on "i" on your watch):

User uploaded file

Your watch should then display a six-digit code, which you next need to enter on your iPhone:

User uploaded file

More information:

watch does not show 6 digit code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.