Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't do bootcamp on Macbook Pro 2006

Hi there,

Sorry for my english.

I have a quite old Macbook Pro Late 2006 which has a Mac OS X Lion installed on this machine.

Today, I want to have a Windows on my Macbook so, I use bootcamp to make an installation.

But everything doesn't go as I was expected.

I use Bootcamp Assistant to install Windows just like how I do on the other macbook.

I put my Windows 7 Ultimate installation disc to my superdrive.

What is happen is the drive eject out the disc.

So, I can't continue my process and I thought that I have a broken optical drive. so, I tried to use USB method.

But I found out that it is unsupported and will work only with macs that without a optical drive.

But I quite freak out that, if I put Windows XP (CD) or Windows 10 (DVD) disc, it is reading! and appears on Finder.

The bootcamp doesn't work if I use Windows XP or Windows 10 and I know that my optical drive isn't broken.

I googled and I found "rEFIt" and "rEFInd".

I hope that one of two here will help me.

BUT IT DOESN'T AT ALL !!!!

I've both rEFIt and rEFInd, it still doesn't boot to Windows Installation screen.

I got a message that said "

The firmware refused to boot from the selected volume. Note that external hard drives are not well-supported by Apple´s firmware for legacy OS booting
" if I use USB.

I tried to use disc method again but now, it ejects all of Windows Installation disc even Windows 10.

But I haven't try with Windows XP.

So, I'm completely blinded. Please Help Me. I don't want to stuck in Lion which is most new software doesn't work.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 9, 2016 10:03 AM

9 replies

Can't do bootcamp on Macbook Pro 2006

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.