Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a Service to finder?

Created a workflow in Automator and saved it as a service (creation of thumbnails of a set of jpg images). In former OS X, I could copy the workflow to system/library/services and use it by right clicking on a .jpg-document. However I am unable to add such a file to this folder in the current OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (even though I am the administrator and only user on this MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)).

In addition I am also unable to add a service to the System Preferences / Keyboard / Shortcuts, services.

Can anyone help me out?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5), Services

Posted on Jul 10, 2016 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2016 1:15 PM

You can't copy anything to /System/Library/Services in El Capitan because it's protected by System Integrity Protection. Nor should it be necessary as your services normally live in ~/Library/Services/ . The intended method to achieve this is to use Automator to create a 'Service'

User uploaded file

and it will be installed automatically for you in the Services Menus.

C.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2016 1:15 PM in response to mbn1978

You can't copy anything to /System/Library/Services in El Capitan because it's protected by System Integrity Protection. Nor should it be necessary as your services normally live in ~/Library/Services/ . The intended method to achieve this is to use Automator to create a 'Service'

User uploaded file

and it will be installed automatically for you in the Services Menus.

C.

How to add a Service to finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.