Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing a Photos album to Facebook

This seems like a basic question but I can't figure it out. I know how to share a single photo to Facebook, but I just spent time creating an album of photos, choosing which photos to include, and I would like to post the whole album to Facebook as-is, with one post. When I select the album, I'm not able to select all of the photos in the album. It only selects one photo at a time. I don't want to have to post each photo individually. I could probably select multiple photos if I go to the Photos view (the one that shows all of the photos in my library) but I don't want to have to re-select the photos I want. That work was done. Why can't I just post the whole edited album?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jul 10, 2016 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2016 5:38 PM

I figured it out. When you double-click a photo in an album, you get to view it full size, with the other photos visible as small thumbnails on the side. You can't select photos when using this view. You have to click the back button to see the full album in medium sized thumbnails which can then be selected per usual. You can also go to the View menu and choose Albums and then choose to open the album. Before doing anything else, you can select all the photos or some of them and post away. Thanks for the help - I knew it had to be a basic thing I was doing wrong.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2016 5:38 PM in response to LarryHN

I figured it out. When you double-click a photo in an album, you get to view it full size, with the other photos visible as small thumbnails on the side. You can't select photos when using this view. You have to click the back button to see the full album in medium sized thumbnails which can then be selected per usual. You can also go to the View menu and choose Albums and then choose to open the album. Before doing anything else, you can select all the photos or some of them and post away. Thanks for the help - I knew it had to be a basic thing I was doing wrong.

Jul 10, 2016 5:18 PM in response to Paul Oldewurtel

From Photos Help - Click on Help in the top bar

Sign in to your Facebook, Flickr, or Twitter account

Publish your photos and video clips to Facebook

1. Select the photos or video clips you want to post.
    2. Click the Share button User uploaded file in the toolbar and choose Facebook.If Photos asks you to log in to your Facebook account, type your user name and password, then click Sign In.
    3. In the Facebook dialog, choose options for the photos, and if you want, add a comment.User uploaded file
      • Choose who can view the photos: Click the pop-up menu at the top left and choose an option.
      • Choose where to post the photos: Click the Timeline pop-up menu and choose your timeline or an album.
      • Add the location of your computer to the photos: Click Add Location.
      • Add a comment: If you want, type a comment to accompany the photos.
    4. Click Post.

Publish your photos to Flickr

1. User uploaded file
    2. User uploaded file

Share a photo on Twitter

1. User uploaded file

LN

Jul 10, 2016 5:22 PM in response to LarryHN

Those instructions suggest you can select more than one photo. I am not able to select more than one photo. I want to select all of the photos in the album. I can't. While clicking, I've tried holding the shift button, the command button, the option button, the fn, the contol, etc. Nothing works. If I go to the main Photos view, I can select photos as expected. But if I am in an album, where the photo selected is big and the rest of the photos appear as thumbnails along the side, I can only select one photo at a time. How do I select all of the photos in an album?

sharing a Photos album to Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
      A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.