Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Device Management on iPhone

i cannot find device management or profiles in my setting general list

iphone 6 ios 9.3.2

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jul 12, 2016 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 12:51 PM

Where is this profile coming from? You should ask whoever is providing the profile for assistance. If it's your employer, contact the IT department. If someone you don't know and don't have a trust relationship with is offering to give you an app in exchange or putting a profile on your phone, don't.

65 replies

Mar 19, 2017 3:02 PM in response to ShadowRuins

Well, this should have been covered in the instructions on the beta site where your first installed it. But you need to do a DFU restore using iTunes:

• Note that you must have a computer running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS 10.9.5 or later
  • Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP (VOLUME DOWN and SLEEP on 7 series) buttons at the same time for 8 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME (VOLUME DOWN) button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME button connect the other end of the cable to the device
  • You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME button and the device should restore.

Jan 28, 2017 5:40 PM in response to twilight653

twilight653 wrote:

But which apps allow you to have profiles? Can you please list some?

It is not apps that create profiles. You download a profile from a trusted third party which then allows you to download apps not available for general download in the app store. The primary use for this is custom apps for particular businesses. I worked of a company that had one that allowed us to view our work schedule and clock in and out.

Certain less than trustworthy people/companies will tell you that, if you install a profile from them on your phone, they will get you free apps. This is a bad idea. You're compromising the security of your phone. Don't.

Feb 22, 2017 6:28 AM in response to mkollra01

mkollra01 wrote:

Why play games with us Mr. Apple??? Just tell us how and what to do to get QPaired from iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7!

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. You're not addressing Apple here.

QPaired appears to be an Android application made by LG. The only way you could get it on your iOS device would be if LG decides to make a version for iOS. Apple has nothing to do with this.

Mar 4, 2017 5:06 PM in response to wafaalimohammadi

The only legitimate reason your phone might need a profile (which is saved in Device Management) is if you need to install a corporate enterprise app. There is absolutely no other reason to need device management. If you want it to install non-Apple approved apps your are extraordinarily foolish. It's easy to write an app that is secure and safe and publish it into the app store. So almost by definition, any app that you cannot get from the App Store is malware that will compromise your security and steal your data and identity.

If your phone does not have Device Management settings you don't have any profiles on your phone, which is a good thing.

Sep 15, 2017 4:18 AM in response to LACAllen

Hello,

New to communities...giving it a shot!

My issue is email-server related.

My website email provider recently switched form a self-trust email to a 3rd party. (Not all tech terms are 100%...sorry)

When I set up my email on my iPhone, the phone is still recognizing a certificate that no longer exists on the main server....No matter how many times I delete account and re-add...I still get a pop of reading:

"CANNOT VERIFY SERVER......ETC"

And I cannot "Trust" the old certificate....and no "PROFILE" tab is showing up in General Settings.....

(I was told that I should be seeing one for the email certificate provided)

Not sure if this is clear, but I can receive, CANNOT send (STMP)

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Sep 16, 2017 8:28 AM in response to Cuongdje

Hi. Profiles and Device Management are near the bottom of Settings > General. They do not appear unless you have a profile or your device is being managed.

Chào. Tiểu sử và Quản lý thiết bị gần cuối Cài đặt> Chung. Chúng không xuất hiện trừ khi bạn có một hồ sơ hoặc thiết bị của bạn đang được quản lý.

Oct 8, 2017 3:37 PM in response to AhmedNashaat

I had this problem twice before (solved it but needed a refresher.) Was trying to install an app I'm writing, on my girlfriend's older iPhone (wasn’t seeing Device Management in her settings.)

(Using iOS 10.3, Xcode 9.1 beta).
Solution:

She needed to register for Developer (free); then I plugged her phone into my Mac, and in Xcode, selected:

(app name @ top of Navigator pane on the left) / Signing / Team; & selected her AppleID.

Then Device Management showed up in her settings.

(Not sure if many other developers install apps on random other / older devices… but figured I’d share in case!
Simulator ain’t enough!)

Dec 12, 2017 12:07 PM in response to AhmedNashaat

Sorry - but why all those answers are so frustrated? :

Re: "You don't have it because you don't have profile".

How to install profile?

Re: "Ask someone?"

.. Jeysus!!

I had the same problem - I start reading official apple responses, then this thread - guys I'm not native english but, I will say:

1) Initially you don't have it, as most people don't need it

2) This option should appear if you want to install app from third party server - not from official apple store

3) Mostly, it is used by companies to install their enterprise/business apps on employee phone (hopefully, if employee agree)... and in that case you have 2 options:

- 1: click on your app, click download and wait for XX minutes ( that works for me, finally when I stop reading this thread and double check - OMG - it appears!)

- 2: if step 1 do not work - contact your employer IT team - there is configuration involved on their side - which probably doesn't work/exist?

4) If it is not your employer app - I'm sorry, it is 100% depended on the app that you try to install: try re-check point 3; search for some info from that app users / maybe separate forum?

Or ... maybe I don't get this at all and here we are to just troll each ones??? - if that so - sincerely apologise for breaking that rule :-(

Dec 12, 2017 12:31 PM in response to yarenty

yarenty wrote:

Or ... maybe I don't get this at all and here we are to just troll each ones??? - if that so - sincerely apologise for breaking that rule :-(

Apparently you don't get it because that has all been explained in this thread. You also don't seem to get that asking people why can be very important. It turned out a couple of people wanted to use a profile to sideload apps, probably infringing upon copyrights and possibly compromising their devices. And, you don't seem to get that it's perfectly legitimate to tell someone to ask their IT department if a profile is required and if so, how to install it. At my previous employer, you had to install the profile before installing the apps. You had to get the profile link from IT. And, apparently you don't get that waltzing it and criticizing other people who volunteer their time to help, claiming they didn't provide answers, then repeating the answers they gave is what we here call rude.

Best of luck.

Where is Device Management on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.