Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

python-wrapper slowing mini server

Since I switched my mini server to El Capitan, it became terribly slow. I have discovered with Activity Monitor a number of "python-wrapper" processes (some 10 of them) that get progressively big during the day. If I leave the server on all night, the files cope all available memory.

After reboot, these appear to of some 66 Mb each. After 8 hours of use, the files are already of 700 Mb each, and increasing by the minute. A couple of days later, they are 6 Gb large EACH (times 10...), with almost another 5 Gb of compressed memory.

Server is normally used by just two clients, and is running a Postgres database (ver 9.4), Eclipse and some java processes. Eventually during the day I also use PgAdmin or Toad to manage the database. I even stopped using two monitors, because the mac turns incredibly slow.

How can I get rid of these files? Which program could be using them?

This problem didn't exist with Yosemite and previous OS versions. The only change made in the server is the installation of El Capitan... Now I have to reboot the server every day, while previously was up for months..

osx server-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jul 12, 2016 2:28 PM

1 reply

python-wrapper slowing mini server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.