Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV IPv6 support

Hi,

I have an AppleTV model A1469 for a few years now. It has been serving me well all that time and my Netflix watching is done mostly through it.

Now, a couple weeks ago my network has undergone a conversion to IPv6. All my equipment has switched seamlessly to IPv6 and continues to work in that new setup. However, the AppleTV now keeps beeping and displaying the message saying it is not connected to the Internet.

Apple TV, A1469 latest software update

Posted on Jul 14, 2016 6:00 AM

7 replies

Jul 14, 2016 7:29 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your reply.

I have because everyone says IPv6 is the future. So I am testing how ready I am for the future.

True, I could just keep my LAN on IPv4, but I am actually hoping to uncover such issues as this incompatibility. So one of the goals of this discussion was to announce that ATV3 didn't handle IPv6 and gather other positive or negative confirmations thereof. Another goal is to ask Apple the official answer for the question: Does ATV support IPv6? With that, I hope to pave the way for a future compatibility or the fixing of some current issue with ATV software.

Cheers,

Doug

AppleTV IPv6 support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.