Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair Library not working in Photo

Hello all! Hope this is the right forum to ask this question about "Photos" (without "i"), because the Communities are apparently in work.

I have many photos, which do not appear in Photos. I rebuilt two times the Library starting Photos with CMD+ALT with no avail.

My OS is the newest. All Updates made.

I see many of my original fotos in ... Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Masters/2016/ ... which are not in Photos.

Any help?

Thank you in advance

marek

Posted on Jul 15, 2016 12:44 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2016 1:49 AM in response to Marek Stepanek

If you have a Time Machine backup check the date when the issue started, duplicate your current library and replace it with the older one.

I suppose you have the option to “copy items to the Photo library” enabled in Photos app, if it's the case, create a new library and extract the originals from Library.photoslibrary/Masters and re add them. A quick Find inside the “Master” (.jpg, m4v..etc) folder will save you time to look in every subfolders

Jul 15, 2016 3:19 AM in response to Marek Stepanek

I see many of my original fotos in ... Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Masters/2016/ ... which are not in Photos.

Is that the Photos Library that Photos is using when you launch it? Check the name of the library that Photos opened in the Photos > Preferences > General:

The path to the currently open library will be shown at the top of the window.

If Photos is using a different library try to open your library in the Pictures folder by double clicking it. Repairing the library will repair the library that has been used last. You may have repaired a different library.

.. which are not in Photos.

Have you checked the "Recently Deleted" album and the "Hidden Photos" album?

Search for the filename of one of the missing photos in Photos. If the Photos are in the Masters folder for 2016 they have been imported in 2016, but the capture date may be from a different year, and they may be in a moment for a different year and be showing among the photos for 1970 or so.

Repair Library not working in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.