Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s resetting Apps

Hi, I writing here as a last resort because honestly I have no more ideas on what to do to solve this issue, and it's hard to explain at a Apple store.

I'm using a brand new iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.2, its the first time I have this issue, after owning several previous models.

Ever since I got this new iPhone, some of the apps just reset they "inner" memory, like they loose the UserDefaults. I notice it specially in apps like WhatsApp, Telegram or Facebook messenger. Out of the blue this apps just forget who I am and ask for my number/confirmation again (Facebook messenger asks for Login again).

It happens several times a day, for instance using WhatsApp, I can be chatting with someone, block the phone and leave it for 1 minute, when I come back, WhatsApp reset and goes to intro screen, asking for my number, name and chat recovery. Same thing happens with Telegram, and several other apps.

At first I though it could be a WhatsApp problem, but I deleted my account, created a new one. Didn't solve the problem. After that I tried Messenger and Telegram, same thing happens.

I also tried to completely reset the phone, install everything again, didn't work.

Everyday I'm running into this issue, which is a pain because the apps go offline and I don't notice, people can't reach me. If I go to the Apple store, I cant show this behaviour happening because its totally random, might happen 10 times a day, or none...

Any ideas? thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2, 64GB

Posted on Jul 15, 2016 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2016 7:48 AM

Try going to

Settings > General > Background App Refresh

And turn it off (Try one after one if you want).

If it doesn't work. I recommend sending it in for repair or using your warranty if you have one.

Good luck

7 replies

Jul 15, 2016 12:11 PM in response to kirtash

I also tried to completely reset the phone, install everything again, didn't work.

What kind of "reset" did you do? There are many.

If you have not done so already try a Restore as New and then reinstall the apps again from scratch. A lot of work but I suspect you have a corrupted system and this will install a fresh copy of iOS on your phone.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jul 15, 2016 12:51 PM in response to kirtash

kirtash wrote:

I deleted my WhatsApp account, deleted the App, full reset on phone including data, after that I used iTunes/iCloud to get my details back. Reinstalled WhatsApp, the problem persists...

That is not the same as a Restore as New. The same iOS files stay behind and could be corrupted and secondly, restoring from a backup could bring the corruption back. May have to bite the bullet and do a Restore as New.... Not fun, I know as all has to be configured from scratch.

iPhone 6s resetting Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.