Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does an iTunes backup include photos?

Hello!

I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 9.3 and it went into recovery mode. Now i have to restore my iPhone. But i dont want to lose my photos. I made a backup using iTunes a few months ago.

I want to know that if the iTunes backup includes a Photos backup.

If i restore and install the backup from iTunes, will i get my photos back?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 17, 2016 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2016 4:14 AM

If they are Camera Roll photos then they should be included and be restored back (assuming that they were on the phone when the backup was taken), photos synced to the phone via a computer's iTunes won't be included.

3 replies

Does an iTunes backup include photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.