Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stuck on charge screen

My watch was just about dead when I put it on the charger, I checked on it shortly after and now it just displays the red charging indicator (red lightning bolt) and the time next to that. Completely unresponsive to anything I do and yes I tried a hard rese, the problem still persist. Attempting to drain the battery and recharge. Posting this to see if anyone else had this problem and if there's any solutio, thanks.

Apple Watch Sport 38mm, watchOS 2.2.1

Posted on Jul 17, 2016 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2016 12:09 AM

Hi

Your watch has entered into Power Reserve mode. This happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level.

All that you can do for now is tell the time (by pressing the side button once). This is designed to keep this function available for as long as possible, until you can charge the watch again.

To turn your watch back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo and wait for your watch to restart.

However, you may need to charge your watch for a while longer first. Try charging it for at least 2.5 hours, following the instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

Using Power Reserve - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2016 12:09 AM in response to mclovinb18

Hi

Your watch has entered into Power Reserve mode. This happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level.

All that you can do for now is tell the time (by pressing the side button once). This is designed to keep this function available for as long as possible, until you can charge the watch again.

To turn your watch back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo and wait for your watch to restart.

However, you may need to charge your watch for a while longer first. Try charging it for at least 2.5 hours, following the instructions here:

More information:

Using Power Reserve - Apple Support

Jul 18, 2016 12:21 AM in response to mclovinb18

mclovinb18 wrote:

.. Attempting to drain the battery and recharge. ..

For future reference, the battery in Apple Watch can be charged whenever you want. There is no need to let it discharge fully first, nor any benefit to be gained from it. The battery will not suffer any harm from regular charging, whatever the starting charge level.

You may find it most convenient to charge your watch nightly, overnight. The battery cannot be overcharged; charging stops automatically when the battery is fully charged and starts again if and when required due to ongoing usage. You may also wish to use Nightstand mode during overnight charging (link below).

Follow Apple's safety and handling instructions and also note that:

- It is not possible to turn the watch off whilst it is on the charger and connected to power - this is normal.

- It is also normal for your watch, power adapter and charging cable to become warm when connected to power.

More information:

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Use Nightstand mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch stuck on charge screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.