Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting one laptop to multiple projectors

I have the HDMI splitter from this vender at amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Adapter-Converter-players-Projectors/dp/B01E6QPI T6/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1467901191&sr=1-14&keywords=HDMI+splitt er

in which I am trying to connect to projectors to a single laptop. My organization uses both Mac and PC. I have one HDMI running to a coupler, and the coupler connected to the splitter. The splitter then runs two separate HDMI cables. One cable to each projector. When I connect the laptop, neither projector displays. Is there something that I am doing wrong or something that I could do to fix this? I work for a non-profit organization, so I cannot afford many more devices, cables, or other materials. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 18, 2016 10:10 AM

4 replies

Jul 18, 2016 10:36 AM in response to ShortJ2016

What model MacBook Pro?

What is a coupler in "HDMI running to a coupler"

What is resolution of the monitors?

If you only connect one monitor to the splitter does that work?

Does the setup work on another computer?

It could be that MacBook does not provide enough power.

The link for the splitter includes this:

Note:

1. not Support HDCP. not Support MACBOOK.

Jul 18, 2016 10:40 AM in response to ShortJ2016

The Mac uses a highly-parameterized Driver for all displays. It is configured in response to the display's response to a query for the display name and capabilities (such as resolution range possible). This query is sent only at certain times:

• at Startup

• when using Option-(detect displays) in system preferences > Displays

• on wake from sleep

• on insertion of the Mac-end of the display cable or adapter.

In order to obtain ANY picture, your Hardware must provide a pass-through of the EDID channel back to the Mac, and a display that is working properly must respond with it name and capabilities. The display-name will then be shown as the title of the window showing that particular display's features and capabilities.

... So a common way to operate is to connect one display, then sleep-and-wake the Mac or remove and insert its cable. Then one display should respond with an appropriate picture. Later, the second display can be added without additional intervention.

Connecting one laptop to multiple projectors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.