Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to 9.3.3 iPhone SE

after upgrading earlier to the new iOS 9.3.3 from 9.3.2 on my iPhone SE from the lockscreen when I got a gmail notification i swiped it and it opened up without having to input my password or fingerprint and then just now also a missed call i swiped and it called it back without input of either password types.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 18, 2016 4:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 18, 2016 5:20 PM in response to Community User

I have yet to have this problem again, I have only checked my settings to ensure password pin and fingerprint was still enabled but already knew it was due to the fact it only happen TWICE and every other time did require my passwords but also did a power cycle where I powered it off for 2 minutes then back on and so far it has required the pin or fingerprint every time on new notifications but if this happens again I will update but this is a very concerning bug with the new 9.3.3 operating system.

Jul 20, 2016 5:49 PM in response to Community User

Also another 9.3.3 bug I have come across is the auto brightness... today it went to FULL bright in my supervisors office at work. Couldn't get it to adapt correctly, had to turn auto off then back on before it corrected itself.

Then tonight at home went into my bedroom and opened up the iPhone to the lock screen and again it was MAX bright then i unlocked it and still was on MAX bright. Had to AGAIN un-tick AUTO brightness then re-tick before it would fix itself. VERY frustrating bug.

I would like to report so far I have NOT again had the "not asking/requiring of my pin or fingerprint" to unlock the phone when swiping a notification from lock screen. Let's hope that's gone but who knows....

After upgrading to 9.3.3 iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.