Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no Safari update in the MAS!

On Apple's Safari page there's an Upgrade Now button.

But pressing it takes you to a MAS page for El Capitan, not Safari. And Safari 9.1.2 is NOT included in the 10.11.6 update. And it doesn't show up under updates in my App Store. I've already installed 10.11.6. and have Safari 9.1.1.

So WTH are we supposed to get Safari 9.1.2?! 😕

Apple's website says "Safari is included with OS X. To get the most recent version of Safari, install the most recent version of OS X from the Mac App Store." But Safari is not part of the package.

User uploaded file

Way to go, Apple!

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 3.0 GHz i7, 1TB Fusion HD, 16GB RAM

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 8:36 AM

33 replies

Jul 19, 2016 9:06 AM in response to OregonRebel

You need to Install OSX 10.11.6 El Cap to get 9.1.2. That's they way to get it. Just because you cannot see it inside the Package does not mean it will not get updated.

Safari is part of OSx, and Gets updated with it. The Package construction for the Update is meaningless for the existence of Safari. Just Update OSx and you will get Safari 9.1.2.

Jul 19, 2016 10:32 AM in response to Esquared

Safari 10 hasn't been released yet.

Safari 10 beta has been released to developers.

Apple today has made the Safari 10 beta available for users on El Capitan and Yosemite. This means that developers can test the upcoming version of Safari without having to update their entire operating system.

On both macOS Sierra 10.12 and today's El Capitan 10.11.5 (when Safari 10 is installed), Safari will support App Extensions built from a combination of JavaScript, CSS and native code written in Objective-C or Swift.

There is no Safari update in the MAS!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.