Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Song Cannot Be Played Because You Are "Not Signed Into Apple Music"

Hello, I have been having this problem for 2 weeks now and I have been trying to fix this for a while but none of the solutions on the internet seem to not work. Basically when i click on a song to play it it tells me I'm not able to listen to it because I'm not signed in when I clearly am. Is there any way to fix this?User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2018 10:19 AM

This is literally the solution lol. Just "remove download" one of your songs, then download again. The rest of the songs will play as usual after that 😀

9 replies

Jan 1, 2018 12:06 PM in response to DannyBaek

Hiya.

I'm running iTunes on Wondows.

I then ran the diagnostics from within iTunes (network ones only) and after running, down the list of system info it showed the user running iTunes wasn't an administrator!

I navigated to the iTunes programme, changed the compatibility to "Run as Administrator" and boom - it works!

Hope that helps!

Keefy

Jul 20, 2016 9:48 AM in response to DannyBaek

Hi, DannyBaek!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, I understand you're trying to listen to songs via Apple Music, but are prompted to sign in first, though you're pretty sure you are. I love Apple Music and listen to it daily, so I want to make sure you can access your songs!
First, just to be sure, I would recommend verifying you're signed into the iTunes Store with the Apple ID you set your Apple Music membership up with. You can do this by clicking Account in the iTunes menu bar. If you are signed in, your name and Apple ID will be listed at the top of the drop down menu. If it isn't the right Apple ID, click Sign Out from the menu, and then sign in again using the right one. Instructions on exactly how to do that can be found in the article below.
iTunes 12 for Windows: Manage your iTunes Store account
Once you're sure the correct Apple ID is signed into the iTunes Store, make sure iCloud Music Library is turned on under Edit > Preferences, as shown in this screen shot:
User uploaded file

Once you've confirmed you are signed in with the right Apple ID and iCloud Music Library is enabled, if you're still not able to play your music, make sure your internet connection is working and check for any iTunes updates. If you're not sure how to check for updates, the article below will help.
Get the latest version of iTunes
Then, close iTunes and restart your computer. When the computer is on again, open iTunes and try to play your music.
If you still have trouble playing your music after restarting, I recommend completely uninstalling iTunes and all of its components following the exact steps in the article below, then redownload a fresh copy from this site: Download iTunes
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Happy listening!

Jul 24, 2016 4:31 PM in response to AppleJohann

I tried everything you said to do, and it doesn't work, and doesn't play any songs at all. I might as well switch back to Spotify, at least they let me listen to the music I paid for, and not lag. On my phone when I click on a song to play, it takes about a minute or two to actually play it, or just doesn't play at all. On the computer it just doesn't play saying that I'm not logged in when I clearly am. I was more satisfied with the content Apple Music offers me over Spotify, but thats no use if the music doesn't play isn't it? super dissappointed.

The Song Cannot Be Played Because You Are "Not Signed Into Apple Music"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.