Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find saved stickie notes

I saved all my stickie note in the app. now I can't find them. How do you bring up old saved notes

OS x 10.11.6

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 2:21 PM

Thanks for following up with additional information.

When you save a Sticky, it is stored as a plain text file. To open this again as a sticky, have Stickies open and use the menu bar to choose File > Import Text. Navigate to the location you've saved your sticky, and click "Open".

Have a great rest of your day, cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2016 2:21 PM in response to stupidrule

Thanks for following up with additional information.

When you save a Sticky, it is stored as a plain text file. To open this again as a sticky, have Stickies open and use the menu bar to choose File > Import Text. Navigate to the location you've saved your sticky, and click "Open".

Jul 20, 2016 9:44 AM in response to stupidrule

Hi stupidrule,

I understand that you've lost some stickies, and wish to recover them. I know it's important to have control over your files, so I'm happy to provide some direction to help with this.

If you have a backup in Time Machine from when these stickies were still around, you can use it to restore ~/Library/StickiesDatabase. You can see more about how to find that file, as well as how to use Time Machine here:

OS X El Capitan: Library folder

Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

can't find saved stickie notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.