Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.11.6 full installer download

Hi there!

Unfortunately I am not able to download the full installer. I am not refering to the normal or combo update.

OS X El Capitan Installation.dmg should download if you click (again) on "load" on the 10.11.6 page in the AppStore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1018109117 but the download does not start. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Thx.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 16 GB RAM, 750 GB hybrid HDD

Posted on Jul 19, 2016 11:49 PM

9 replies

Jul 20, 2016 1:28 AM in response to McFred

You must first delete the old installer, it's on your hard drive somewhere, probably in the default location /Applications

The App Store, looks for the installer on your hard drive and even on all your external hard drives, if it sees it exists it will not download the new version.

I went through this over and over trying to download the latest installer until I eventually found this solution on the web somewhere, sure enough once I disconnected my external hard drive where I had it stored, the new download started immediately.

10.11.6 full installer download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.