Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IBooks Icons Don't Work

My iPad, an Air 2, I believe, had iOS 9.3.2 this morning. My purchased books are available in the app and the Purchased icon shows 15 awaiting update but selecting any of the icons for Featured, NY times, Authors, etc. don't work....the page stays blank. I did Chat support this morning and after a half hour plus, she just wanted to do a Reset with all the reconfiguring I would have to do and not a clue if that would fix this problem she was unfamiliar with. I decided to try the waiting iOS 9.3.3 update. It was smooth, but had no impact on this problem. The only other clue - if I go by browser to the iBooks website (iTunes.apple.com/iBooks), it does populate the iBooks app with the book choices at that site, but selecting any of the app icons a the bottom still make blank pages.

Amy ideas?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 12:27 PM

I have exactly the same problem; was on with Apple Care for 1 hour - no idea as to what was wrong. Tech was unfamiliar with the issue as was the supervisor. Tried the iOS 9.3.3 update but it did not fix problem. Signed in and out of iTunes, did a sync, hard re-set; books are there but tabs come up blank. Ibooks is working on my iPhone 6s, old iPad 2, Macbook and Imac. Will wait a few days and then try the Genius Bar.

Appreciate any input.

Ipad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.3

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2016 12:27 PM in response to Fj52

I have exactly the same problem; was on with Apple Care for 1 hour - no idea as to what was wrong. Tech was unfamiliar with the issue as was the supervisor. Tried the iOS 9.3.3 update but it did not fix problem. Signed in and out of iTunes, did a sync, hard re-set; books are there but tabs come up blank. Ibooks is working on my iPhone 6s, old iPad 2, Macbook and Imac. Will wait a few days and then try the Genius Bar.

Appreciate any input.

Ipad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.3

Jul 26, 2016 8:57 PM in response to Fj52

The day after I wrote this, I went to an Apple Store in Sacramento. I signed up for a two hour wait for a tech. While waiting, I tried one of the displayed iPads to see if it had my problem. It did...exactly. I tried six others, with a mix of small, medium and maxi iPads and mixture of iOS 9.3.2 and 9.3.3. Same result. The guy who signed people up said I should still wait, so they could do a reset on my iPad. I decided not to, as it isn't my problem apparently. I called Apple instead and got a good tech who eventually had me take screen shots of what was happening and email them so he could refer it to the engineering teamMane that they will call back Thursday. It was key that the Store had the same problem.

i sent in the shots, and today, a week later almos, it is mysteriously better. Will be curious what they tell me in two days.

IBooks Icons Don't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.