Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks and Music in iTunes disappeared out of nowhere.

iPhone 6 running ios 9.3.3. All of my iBooks and iTunes data have disappeared out of nowhere. I didn't perform any updates, sync with another device or even plug the phone in. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the last week.

Does anyone know what can be causing this?

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 11:22 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2016 8:22 PM in response to givemecoffee

A similar thing has happened to me twice. The first time I noted IT I have no idea of the circumstances surrounding so just ignored. Last night driving home I was listening to an audiobook and haven't touched the phone for half an hour. Just at the climax (of course) of the book the playback stopped in mid sentence. When I looked at the phone there was nothing on iBooks. There were a number of titles with the cloud icon beside them. This time I do have screenshots etc

I've attempted to get all the support that they say 'Try again a few minutes'. The Apple status page says everything is green and asks if you have a problem that is not shown here "go to the service pages" which aren't working which makes it hard report them not working

iBooks and Music in iTunes disappeared out of nowhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.