Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off voiceover and screen curtain if my screen is completely black and can't connect to IPhone ( IWatch turned on airplan mode ) and Passcode ???

How do I turn off voiceover and screen curtain if my screen is completely black and can't connect to IPhone ( IWatch turned on airplan mode and Passcode is on ) ??? I have tried to enter the Passcode but it didn't work. How can i turn off the Voiceover and Screen curtain ??

Apple Watch, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jul 20, 2016 7:51 PM

8 replies

Jul 21, 2016 3:03 AM in response to Tusitar Sky

gail from maine wrote:

Have you tried restarting the device: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the reset is complete, the screen curtain should be turned off.

Note that neither restarting your watch normally nor force restarting it would turn off VoiceOver and Screen Curtain.

Also, Apple advises that you should not force restart your watch unless it has become unresponsive, which does not apply in this case.

More information:

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jul 21, 2016 3:25 AM in response to Tusitar Sky

If you are unable to turn off VoiceOver using the Digital Crown (by triple-clicking it), then - as your watch is also locked and in Airplane Mode - the following steps offer the easiest way to regain access to your watch:

• Place your watch on the charger, with power connected.
  • Press and hold the Side button for around 3-4 seconds.
  • Although Screen Curtain is preventing you from seeing it, the active screen is now this:

User uploaded file

• Press firmly on the screen in the area where the Power Off slider is located, then lift your finger off.
  • The active (but still hidden) screen is now this:

User uploaded file

• Tap once in the area where "Erase all content and settings" is located to select that option, then double-tap twice on the screen to select it.
  • Your watch will now be erased, following which you can pair it with your iPhone again (choose to Restore from Backup if offered the option):

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How do I turn off voiceover and screen curtain if my screen is completely black and can't connect to IPhone ( IWatch turned on airplan mode ) and Passcode ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.