Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign In to the iTunes Store

iTunes version 12.4.2.4

Windows 10, recently updated.

Yesterday I updated to the latest version of iTunes, when I attempted to log in to the iTunes Store I get:

a Pop up window

Verification Failed

This action could not be completed. Try again.

If I try again I get the same message.

I have attempted to remove everything Apple software (Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates)

and this still does not resolve the issue.

I have tried iTunes 12.4.2.4 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) and iTunes 12.4.2.4 for Windows (64-bit) and get the same message.

I have tried to Reset iTunes Cache but it does not help.

iTunes load with no issues, I can play my songs with no problem.

I can play movies with no problems.

When I click on the iTunes Store icon, after a minute I have a pop up window iTunes has stopped working and all I can do is click on Close Program button.

Anybody else experiencing this issue.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 21, 2016 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2016 9:52 AM

Good morning blur mode,

I understand you are having issues connecting with the iTunes Store since you updated to the latest version of iTunes for Windows. Are you able to access the iTunes Store from your iPhone? That would help isolate the issue to the iTunes Store account, the internet connection (Wi-Fi vs. Cellular), or the software/device.

The resources below provide some troubleshooting steps for this issue. I realize you have already tried some of these, but try to address these steps again in the order presented.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store

Advanced steps for fixing issues with iTunes Store connection

Take care,

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2016 9:52 AM in response to blur mode

Good morning blur mode,

I understand you are having issues connecting with the iTunes Store since you updated to the latest version of iTunes for Windows. Are you able to access the iTunes Store from your iPhone? That would help isolate the issue to the iTunes Store account, the internet connection (Wi-Fi vs. Cellular), or the software/device.

The resources below provide some troubleshooting steps for this issue. I realize you have already tried some of these, but try to address these steps again in the order presented.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store

Advanced steps for fixing issues with iTunes Store connection

Take care,

Jul 23, 2016 7:35 PM in response to chris_g1

Hello chris_g1,

I have no problem connecting via my iPhone wifi or cellular.

I installed iTunes on an older Windows XP and I was capable of logging in to iTunes.

I also noticed that when I click on iTunes Store icon, iTunes will crash.

This is the message when I attempt to log in iTunes and iCloud.

Verification failed. This action could not be completed. Try again.

Jul 24, 2016 11:01 AM in response to blur mode

Hi blur mode,

Thanks for that information.

Now that we know this, I'd suggest going back to the Windows 10 computer, and try this in a new user account. Check your firewalls, anti-virus software, and ports as indicated in the resources in my previous post. Make sure your computer is authorized in iTunes.

Also, check your Apple ID (iTunes billing account) to make sure it is updated (you may need to re-enter your credit card expiration date and security code on the back of the card).

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information

Take care,

Jul 25, 2016 2:05 PM in response to blur mode

Hello judysings,

Well they only way I can get iTunes to load properly is via safe mode. Who knew that pressing the crtl and shift ket while iTunes loads gets iTunes in safe mode.

In safe mode I managed to connect to my iTunes account and authorize the computer.

I checked my iTunes plug in folder and the folder is empty (yes I have the option to see hidden files).

In the firewall settings, all iTunes software have full access (running intel mcafee software)

I believe the ports are open, but I have to locate a good utility to check the ports.

I might be removing the intel mcafee software to see if this is causing the problem.

Jul 27, 2016 6:02 AM in response to blur mode

Hello All

If anybody is interested about this issue.

This procedure resolved the issue, https://web.archive.org/web/20141124161845/http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2032 56

iTunes for Windows doesn't open after upgrading in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Sometimes a newly-installed version of iTunes for Windows won't open, even though it appears to be running in the Windows Task Manager. (To view Task Manager, right-click an empty area of the taskbar and click Task Manager, or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc (or Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and click Task Manager. You can see iTunes under the Applications tab of the Task Manager.) This symptom could be caused by an unusable iTunes configuration file.

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:

User uploaded file

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Windows Vista and Windows 7: From the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    1. Choose Start > Computer.
    2. In the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.
    Windows 8:
    1. From the File Explorer window, click Computer on the panel to the left.
    2. Click View > Options.
  3. In the "Advanced settings:" pane under "Hidden files and folders," select "Show hidden files and folders."
  4. Click OK.
  5. Navigate to the following location by entering it in the address bar or clicking through the folder hierarchy listed: C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes\SC Info.
  6. Right-click the SC Info.sidb file shown and click Delete.
  7. Right-click the SC Info.sidd file shown and click Delete.
  8. Restart the computer and open iTunes

Sign In to the iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.