Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook not working on Safari

Recently, I have been unable to launch some webpages on my preferred browser, Safari. Especially annoying is not being able to launch Facebook. I also (ironically) also have troubles with loading the discussions forum, so I had to use chrome for this. I don't have any problems with other browsers than Safari.

My computer is a Macbook 13 " early 2011 model, running El Capitan 10.11.5, with 8 GB of memory and 2,7 GhZ processor, Intel i7. Don't know if this helps in the diagnostic process. I cannot remember having changed anything drastic on my computer recently, even though I do think that the problems occurred just after I had downloaded NetNanny, a program to block certain websites (but not facebook!). I have uninstalled netnanny, but the problem persists. I have also tried to delete temporary internet data and cookies without success.

The safari browser on my ipad and iphone works fine, no problems there.

any helpful words would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jul 22, 2016 9:25 AM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2016 7:57 PM in response to snorre89

I think I have a similar problem. Eric Root higlights the problem (I think it is the safari extension) but not an answer to the problem. I had this problem and after uninstallying net nanny (netnanny) I took a while to work out that I also needed to remove the extension from safari. The problem seems to be the extension. This is backed up by the site that Eric put a link to. But netnanny wont let you do anything in safari without the extension.

The question then is how to use netnanny with safari. The netnanny support people tried to tell me that I needed to reinstall after upgrading to Sierra but I still have the same problem. They have not provided any more insight although I will point them here.

I am trying to argue that if it doesnt work with Safari then this is an incompatibility issue and so netnanny should provide a refund or fix this issue. I dont know if it is an Apple or Netnanny issue but if Netnanny cant provide a solution that works with Safari they can hardly claim to be compatible with Macs. These are my thoughts and I'm curious for any responses.

Facebook not working on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.