Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks not working on iPad

The iBooks app on my iPad has stopped working. I can see my books. I can not search. None of the icons at the bottom of the page work except "my books".

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 22, 2016 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2016 10:37 AM

Yes, it's an ongoing issue. A temporary fix is to Close the iBooks and App and reboot your iPad.

Double click the home button to bring up the App switcher, then swipe the iBooks App screen up and off the screen to close it.

Click the home button once to return to the homescreen, and then press and hold down the home and power/sleep buttons for 10 or 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. This will reboot the iPad.

You can then try to open the iBooks App and see if the store tabs work again.

It's worked a couple times for me, but it inevitably goes back to being blank eventually.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2016 10:37 AM in response to websterguy

Yes, it's an ongoing issue. A temporary fix is to Close the iBooks and App and reboot your iPad.

Double click the home button to bring up the App switcher, then swipe the iBooks App screen up and off the screen to close it.

Click the home button once to return to the homescreen, and then press and hold down the home and power/sleep buttons for 10 or 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. This will reboot the iPad.

You can then try to open the iBooks App and see if the store tabs work again.

It's worked a couple times for me, but it inevitably goes back to being blank eventually.

Jul 23, 2016 1:40 PM in response to websterguy

Here is what I tried that did not work for me:

1. Close iBooks app
  2. Reset iPad
  3. Signed out of icloud and itunes
  4. Restored iPad (several hours)

I then tried "Reset All Settings" under "General". (note that this will reset all WiFi passwords and lockscreen/wallpaper images, plus you will need to sign back into icloud and itunes) After that, iBooks worked as normal and has been for about 6 hours. Best of luck!

iBooks not working on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.