Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVRAM Reset

I’ve been able to borrow a Gateway USB keyboard that is used for PC Windows, however I wanted to know if the same procedure can be accomplished with this keyboard as well?

What would be the equivalent keys to hold down for the Command Option-P-R that I would do on a iMac OSX keyboard?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), CD & DVD Inop

Posted on Jul 22, 2016 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2016 2:59 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, vernestfromvisalia!
It looks like you need to reset your iMac's NVRAM and had to borrow a keyboard to do so. I'll be glad to give you the information you need.
Since you need to interpret a Windows keyboard to Mac commands, this is what I found: Keyboard mappings using a PC keyboard on a Macintosh

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2016 2:59 PM in response to vernestfromvisalia

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, vernestfromvisalia!
It looks like you need to reset your iMac's NVRAM and had to borrow a keyboard to do so. I'll be glad to give you the information you need.
Since you need to interpret a Windows keyboard to Mac commands, this is what I found: Keyboard mappings using a PC keyboard on a Macintosh

Take care!

NVRAM Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.