Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create New Apple ID with an Invalid Email

I accidentally crated an Apple ID with an invalid email address. I can neither remember my password nor the security questions. Now I cannot reset the password through email. The iPhone is still in warranty. I am desperate. Anybody know what to do?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 23, 2016 4:02 AM

18 replies

Jul 23, 2016 5:25 AM in response to Kiromana

Thank you all for your reply. Please let me give you more details.

I live in Cambodia where there is no Apple Store here yet. I purchased this iPhone for my little brother at a local store for $990. He never had an iPhone before. He himself created an Apple ID through Settings->iCould menu with a gmail with an underscore (_), ****************. This email doesn't not exist since Google never allows underscore. Now he cannot remember the password, cannot remember the security questions. The iPhone is still under warranty. I took it to the shop where he bought it, but the shopkeeper cannot help. One thing my brother can remember about his Apple ID is his date of birth associated with the account.

<Email Edited by Host>

Jul 23, 2016 7:47 AM in response to vineyangkor

I suggest that you contact Apple for assistance, as I'm afraid that no-one here can make any changes to your brother's account (you are not talking with Apple here - this is a user-based community).

As there is no contact phone number for Apple Support in Cambodia, you may find it most convenient in the first instance to contact Apple via Twitter, making sure to only disclose personal information once you are engaged in a conversation via Direct Message:

https://twitter.com/applesupport

Jul 23, 2016 8:07 AM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

You mean "then he verified it by replying and Apple let it through" don't forget that.

As far as I can tell you really cannot set up a gmail account with the address that was entered. Clearly foolish to decide what your address is going to be and create an Apple ID around it before you've even gained control of the email address, nevertheless at face value it would seem that Apple's device set up routines might be jumping the gun, since I would expect that the account should have been verified before activation lock could kick in. (Or perhaps it hasn't.)

tt2

Create New Apple ID with an Invalid Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.