Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Dictation Duplicating Entry

I'm having an strange issue with dictation. Running iPhone 6 on 9.3.2.

Sometimes (yes, the dreaded irregular occurring problem), after speaking whatever it is that I need dictated, my iPhone will enter the text twice, and on occasion will strip the last letter from the last word and move it to the end of the duplicated part. And this only happening on the Todoist app. I have contacted the Todoist vendor, and they are unable to duplicate the problem (no pun intended). They have also not received any other complaints from other users. This is only been going on for a couple of months, but I can't recall exactly when it started.

I use dictation quite a bit, and I'm a big user of Todoist, so this kind of messes with my daily worflow. It's not the end of the world, but I'm quite curious about why this is happening. And before anyone asks, yes everything is up-to-date, Including the Todoist and my iPhone. I have also rebooted a couple times, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else on any other app.

Posted on Jul 24, 2016 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2016 5:48 PM

Reset Siri...

Settings > General > Siri > Toogle Off

Settings > Keyboard > Dictation > Toggle Off

Settings > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary

Turn Siri and Dictation back on.

3 replies

Jul 24, 2016 7:39 PM in response to Malignance

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm afraid that didn't work. I've included a screenshot. At first, I thought it was only on longer entries, but it happens even on one word entries. And I've found no discernable pattern to cause it to happen. It happens on the first task entry after I've opened the app, or the 10th task. It happens one word or twenty words, and of course not every time.

User uploaded file

iPhone Dictation Duplicating Entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.