Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats serial number

I just got a pair of beats studios from best buy and I see the serial number on the box but where is it on the headphones themselves? How to I verify they match?

Posted on Jul 24, 2016 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2017 2:35 PM

I had a similar problem with my Powerbeats3; I threw away the box before I discovered that the only place the serial number was recorded was somewhere on the (discarded) box label. These particular Beats do not have the serial number printed anywhere on the device itself or cable. Normally, I wouldn't care about registering too much, but in this case I wanted to take advantage of the offer of 3 months credit toward apple music.

The solution was to plug the earphones into my macbook air usb port and selecting 'about this mac' from the apple menu. Under 'system report' I found that the earphones were listed under 'usb', complete with details, including the serial number. Also note that the beats updater will show you the serial number, but only during registration process; if you have already registered the beats, the updater tool will not show you their serial number.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2017 2:35 PM in response to kurpaige

I had a similar problem with my Powerbeats3; I threw away the box before I discovered that the only place the serial number was recorded was somewhere on the (discarded) box label. These particular Beats do not have the serial number printed anywhere on the device itself or cable. Normally, I wouldn't care about registering too much, but in this case I wanted to take advantage of the offer of 3 months credit toward apple music.

The solution was to plug the earphones into my macbook air usb port and selecting 'about this mac' from the apple menu. Under 'system report' I found that the earphones were listed under 'usb', complete with details, including the serial number. Also note that the beats updater will show you the serial number, but only during registration process; if you have already registered the beats, the updater tool will not show you their serial number.

Jan 5, 2017 1:54 AM in response to kurpaige

I bought some of these from an Apple iStore in Vancouver last July, and mine only have the serial number on the box with no serial number on the headband at all.

I have a problem now as I'm ebaying them and the buyer says they are fake!

I spoke to Apple who confirmed the serial number I have is genuine, but cannot explain the lack of serial number on the headband.

Feb 17, 2017 3:46 AM in response to woolybuggr

Great share on the serial number look up but alas you are mistaken. The serial number is printed on the cable. The little nub that you slide up and down to adjust the cable. Move it right down and you will see the serial number on the inside of the little loop you have remaining. You'll need eyes like a hawk to read it though. I took a picture with the iPhone and expanded the view to read it.

Dec 18, 2016 8:48 PM in response to kurpaige

Hi, I've bought a Beats Studio 2.0 matte black (wired) from an authorized dealer on last Black Friday sale but just realized mine doesn't have the serial numbers on the headband, neither. Only on the sticker of bottom of the red box. If I had already thrown out the box, I'd never know the serial ever again...

Was yours fake? Did you get it returned?

Beats serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.