Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 1 No Cellular Data in settings

I have a 32GB iPad Air 1 and when I go into the settings app there's no "Cellular data" tab/ menu like it's supposed to be...I have only wi-fi and bluetooth and my ipad it's wi-fi + 4G. I put a sim but nothing happend's ...
User uploaded file

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 25, 2016 7:45 AM

4 replies

Jul 25, 2016 8:12 AM in response to andreescu90

The model number indicates it is a Cellular Model.

Try the following steps in order, and stop when and if it shows the cellular settings:

1. Hold down the home and power/sleep buttons for 10 to 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. Let the iPad reboot and see if the Cellular options appear in Settings.

If they are still not there,

2. Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings

The iPad will restart on its own.

If still no Cellular settings

3. You'll need to restore through iTunes on a computer:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

if it still won't work

4. The Cellular hardware may be disabled or non functioning, and you would have to take it to an Apple store for diagnostics and repair

iPad Air 1 No Cellular Data in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.