Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not syncing my device playlist

Hi There,

I am unable to Sync my device playlist after upgrading my iTunes to 12.4.2.4. Also i have recently upgraded my 5S to 9.3.3. Since then my device playlist wont show up whenever i try to add a track to my device. I am able to view my playlist in iTunes, but when i add a new track it's prompting to create a new playlist and not fetching my existing device playlist.

P.S: i'm using windows 7 on my laptop

Thanks in advance,

Params

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 25, 2016 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2016 9:36 PM

iTunes on my Mac was not syncing songs nor playlists. I stumbled upon this solution. 1. Click on the small iPhone icon which is the top left hand part of the iTunes window just below the volume slider. 2. Now you should see, on the entire left side of the iTunes window, your iPhone at the top with a "Settings" (small font) list which starts with the word "Summary" 3. Make sure to click on the word "Summary" 4. To the right of this list you should see gray boxes with the following headings iPhone Backups Options 5. In the Options box, make sure to UNCHECK the "Sync only checked songs and videos" 6. Now, back to the left side menu, and click on "Music" 7. You should see another screen (to the right) with the words "Sync Music" in the tope left 8. In the box below "Sync Music" , click on either "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" I chose the "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" option . After doing this, I was able to successfully Sync songs and playlists. Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2016 9:36 PM in response to Paramsfromchn

iTunes on my Mac was not syncing songs nor playlists. I stumbled upon this solution. 1. Click on the small iPhone icon which is the top left hand part of the iTunes window just below the volume slider. 2. Now you should see, on the entire left side of the iTunes window, your iPhone at the top with a "Settings" (small font) list which starts with the word "Summary" 3. Make sure to click on the word "Summary" 4. To the right of this list you should see gray boxes with the following headings iPhone Backups Options 5. In the Options box, make sure to UNCHECK the "Sync only checked songs and videos" 6. Now, back to the left side menu, and click on "Music" 7. You should see another screen (to the right) with the words "Sync Music" in the tope left 8. In the box below "Sync Music" , click on either "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" I chose the "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" option . After doing this, I was able to successfully Sync songs and playlists. Joe

Jul 25, 2016 10:11 PM in response to Joecia1

Hi, I tried the above steps but still I'm not able to add my playlist. I tried checking the "Selected playlist, artist, albums, and genres" but the playlist isn't showing. So I tried adding a new playlist and selected the above menu, and the new one is showing up. Also if I check the "Entire music library" box it wont show both my old and new playlist(the one recently added). But I still have my entire playlist in my phone. I'm not able to add songs to that playlist, which was working until I updated the itunes to 12.4.2.4.

Sep 12, 2016 6:08 AM in response to Joecia1

This worked for me. Thank you.

But Step 5 certainly seems like a bug, no? As my iPhone does not have sufficient memory to sync my entire library, "Sync only checked songs and videos" is exactly what I WANT to do. And it has worked with this box checked through many many iterations of iTunes. After updating iOS, I lost an entire Sunday afternoon to this.

iTunes not syncing my device playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.