Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo sharing not working

On my recent trip to Europe, I made an iCloud photo sharing album with myself to upload my photos onto (as I had limited space available on my phone). I had no problem with this and even bought extra iCloud storage space just for my photos.

However when I arrived home, the iCloud album had not synced onto my laptop, and I had deleted the photos from my phone. I did some research and disabled photo sharing on my laptop and enabled it again, however my laptop is now only showing the names of my shared photo albums and no photos in them. My Europe folder is still not visible on the photos app on my Macbook.

Can anyone help with this? I had about 10 other shared photo albums with thousands of photos, and without being able to access my Europe album on my mac, I have no way of importing them from my phone iCloud app to my laptop.

Thanks so much!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 26, 2016 12:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2016 5:35 AM in response to 9j8

However when I arrived home, the iCloud album had not synced onto my laptop, and I had deleted the photos from my phone.

How did you delete the photos from your iPhone? Did you delete them only from the Camera Roll or from from the Shared Album as well?

Is the Shared album also empty on your iPhone or can you still see the photos in the Shared album on the iPhone?

I had no problem with this and even bought extra iCloud storage space just for my photos.

Shared albums do not count against your iCloud Storage.

however my laptop is now only showing the names of my shared photo albums and no photos in them.

It can take a very long time for the albums to fill again with photos.

Jul 26, 2016 4:39 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for your response! I deleted them from my camera roll and the 'deleted' folder in my photos. They are still in the shared album on my phone- I can go onto the album on my phone and see all the photos.

I'm only concerned that the album is not even visible on my laptop, i.e. I can't even see that there is an album called 'Europe'. My shared albums eventually refilled on my laptop but that folder is still not there.

Jul 26, 2016 11:10 PM in response to 9j8

I'm only concerned that the album is not even visible on my laptop, i.e. I can't even see that there is an album called 'Europe'. My shared albums eventually refilled on my laptop but that folder is still not there.

IYou should at least be seeing an empty shares album, that is slowly filling.

Invite yourself on your iPhone to see the the album. Then accept the invitation on the Mac.

If that is not possible, disable the shared albums on your Mac and enable them again.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Photos. Click "Options"
  • Diabled iCloud Photo Sharing
  • Restart you Mac
  • Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Photos. Click "Options" and enable iCloud Photo Sharing again.

The shared albums will first appear as empty and slowly fill again.

They are still in the shared album on my phone- I can go onto the album on my phone and see all the photos.

Independent of transferring the shared album I would try to download the photos using the web interface. If you temporarily enable "Public Website" for the album, you will be ably to go to the website and download the photos to your Mac from this page.

Alternately you could save the photos back to your Camera Roll on your iPhone, and then transfer them to your Mac by USB. Ry to save as many of the photos as possible to your iPhone, while you are still seeing them on your iPhone.

iCloud photo sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.