Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Won't Open on Windows 7

I have installed the latest version of iTunes (64 bit) on Windows 7. Every time I click on the icon to open iTunes, nothing happens. In task manager, I can see that iTuneshelper.exe *32 and join.me.launcher.exe *32 are running. Sometimes in task manager, when i try to open iTunes, I see it pop up for a second but then it goes away. I have tried doing all of this in administrator mode as well to no avail.

I have attempted to follow the instructions found here: Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates but it is still not working.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I am trying to back up my iPhone and this is super frustrating.

Posted on Jul 28, 2016 9:45 AM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2016 5:47 AM in response to MrShickadance9

I had this problem recently on my work Windows 7 64-bit computer, trying to backup my work iPhone.

I went to my music folder ("Drive":\My Documents\My Music) and renamed my iTunes folder to 'iTunes - old.' iTunes opened immediately. I have all of my music in the Cloud/Apple Music, so my library automatically rebuilt itself. If that is not the case for you, you would need to add the music back to iTunes.

I did some more digging and found the problem was "iTunes Library Extras.itdb-journal" - the file got corrupted somehow. Good luck!

iTunes Won't Open on Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.