Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes thinks 64 GB Ipod Touch is only 32 GB and won't sync

After the 9.3.2 update, my Ipod Touch won't sync to Itunes. I didn't add anything to it, but it says I have an excess of about 10 GB. My free space on my Ipod Settings says 15 GB. Out of nowhere, my Itunes thinks my 64 GB Ipod has only 32 GB.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2016 8:07 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2016 12:46 AM in response to ginatrom914

Post a screenshot that implies your iPod's capacity is not 32 GB?

I suspect that you have corrupted files on the iPod that is taking up storage

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

https://www.imobie.com/support/what-is-the-other-on-my-iphone.htm

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Reclaim "Other" storage space on iPad, iPhone and iPod

http://www.appducate.com/2013/01/reclaim-other-storage-space-on-ipad-iphone-and- ipod/

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jul 29, 2016 7:11 AM in response to ginatrom914

Occasionally it seems that iTunes can be confused about what is and isn't already on the device, and therefore gets the sums wrong. The following steps will usually help. They assume that all of the content you want on the device is in your library ready for restoring. If it isn't see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device first.

1. Backup device.
  2. Restore as a new device.
  3. Restore the backup you made earlier.

tt2

Itunes thinks 64 GB Ipod Touch is only 32 GB and won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.