Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open the mail app I see a blank screen

I have both Hotmail and outlook set as email accounts. Up until last week I had no trouble with either showing up in the mail app. Now when I open the mail app all I see is a white screen. My settings are set to push, and I have no limit on my syncing. The only thing that has worked so far and only sporadically, is to press and hold the mail app till it jiggles. I hold it for a few more seconds. Then press the sleep wake button. And then when I go into the mail up the mail is often there. But not always.

Any ideas as to how I can get my email to show up?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 29, 2016 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2016 6:15 AM

Hello there, TiggerCB!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Mail App on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be sure the app is sending and receiving mail as well as opening properly! To start, it can help to force close all open apps on the iPhone and then reopen the app to see if there is a difference. Check out this article that has the steps to Force an app to close in iOS. Once you've done that, open the Mail app and see if there is a difference.

If that doesn't work, check out these steps to Get help with Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Even though the issue is with the Mail not pulling up your emails properly, it might be a good idea to try this step:

Remove your email account and set it up again

If you still have issues with sending and receiving email, try removing your email account from your device and then add it back again:*

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website to verify that all of your email is there or check if your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Tap the email account you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2016 6:15 AM in response to TiggerCB

Hello there, TiggerCB!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Mail App on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be sure the app is sending and receiving mail as well as opening properly! To start, it can help to force close all open apps on the iPhone and then reopen the app to see if there is a difference. Check out this article that has the steps to Force an app to close in iOS. Once you've done that, open the Mail app and see if there is a difference.

If that doesn't work, check out these steps to Get help with Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Even though the issue is with the Mail not pulling up your emails properly, it might be a good idea to try this step:

Remove your email account and set it up again

If you still have issues with sending and receiving email, try removing your email account from your device and then add it back again:*

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website to verify that all of your email is there or check if your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Tap the email account you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

Cheers!

When I open the mail app I see a blank screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.