Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist on itunes not syncing to iphone

I have iTunes Match and I am having trouble getting a playlist that I created on my computer (PC) to sync to my iphone. I was on the phone with support for over 2 hours yesterday and it seems like all my setting are correct (unless we are missing something). To troubleshoot, I connected my ipod to my computer and everything including the playlists sync'ed instantly. The rep said this is because my ipod is not on itunes match. This doesn't make sense to me...if I am paying for a cloud based service, you would think that it would automatically flow over from my PC to my iphone. And if for whatever reason, it was unable to "automatically sync" then when I manually plug in my phone and manually select 'sync' it would sync. However, when I plug in my iphone, and click on "summary" then click on music on my device, it only shows that I have 48 songs on my device (I have 1451 songs on my PC). The rep said that is because I have only downloaded/listened to 48 songs from my cloud library on my phone and the download to the device as I listen to them. When I click on the music icon directly under summary, it says that I am connected to iTunes Cloud and doesn't give me any additional options to change the syncing preferences. I also tried to manually sync my songs using each of the different combinations of options on the summary screen (below the backup to your computer section) and the playlist still would not flow over. Then, I tried to create a playlist on the iphone to see if it would flow over to my PC and it did not. I also did a manual sync and it did not flow over either. Lastly, I am not sure if this next bit of information helps (or makes it more confusing), but I purchased 5 songs yesterday on my PC and I saw those 5 songs on my "recently purchased" section of my iphone and my PC. However, when i copied those songs to my playlist, the playlist doesn't show up.

iPhone 6s, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 29, 2016 7:25 AM

3 replies

playlist on itunes not syncing to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.