You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blinking yellow and pink screen when I open Photos

My screen on my Macbook pro 15" retina display looks normal usually, but when I open Photos (V 1.5) the entire screen begins blinking in pink lines and yellow outlines. It also turns swaths of white yellow on the screen. When I close the application the problem fixes itself. Not ideal if I have to edit or look at any photos 🙂 Any idea of what I could do to fix this? Thanks!User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), null

Posted on Jul 29, 2016 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2016 12:42 AM

Try to boot into Safe Mode and test this way.

Then start up normally again.

Safe mode will reset the advanced features of the graphics card and clear some caches.

See ths support document. Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2016 12:42 AM in response to pinkcarnation19

Try to boot into Safe Mode and test this way.

Then start up normally again.

Safe mode will reset the advanced features of the graphics card and clear some caches.

See ths support document. Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

Blinking yellow and pink screen when I open Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.